The French Riviera is among the most popular charter destinations in the world. From Monaco to St Tropez, no where in the world is a coastline that combines ancestral culture, gourmet food, exquisite shopping experience, trendy clubs and unspoilt natural areas.
Of course, the possibilities of chartering are endless…
Cannes (or Antibes), being midway between St Tropez and Monaco, is an ideal place to start a day charter. The following information will give you a taste of what a French Riviera day charter has to offer. Provided that we know your personal needs and preferences, we can build a tailor-made charter party.
Time zone: GMT + 1
Average sea water temperature: Jully: 22°C-72°F, August: 23°C-73°F
Key events: high season events include the Monaco GP, the Cannes Film Festival and classic sailing yacht races
What to do: some suggestions around Cannes…
- Have a relaxing walk on the Ste Marguerite island
- Sit back and sip your favorite cocktail
- Explore the Ste Marguerite coast with your kayak
- Book your next spiritual retreat in the St Honorat monastery
- Visit the cell of the mysterious “Masque de fer”
- Climb the old fortress of St Honorat
- Savour a rare 2007 St Salonius Pinot Noir…
Between Cannes and St Tropez…
- Enjoy a memorable sunbath with your better half
- Explore the uncrowded rocky inlets between Theoule and St Raphael
- Dive a breathtaking WWII submarine-wreck
- Gas up your Jet Ski and hit the waves with your friends
- Teach your kids to snorkel
- Browse the food market Place des Lices
- Socialize with a platinium bombshell at the Club 55
- Explore the Cap Camarat with your kayak
- Take a private helicopter tour over Porquerolles island
- Sit down at a decent looking terrace for people watching
- Have a languid afternoon in a St Tropez beach club
- Go for a romantic picnic on a wild beach near Cap Taillat
Charter type: day-charter, from 10:00 to 19:00 (bespoke)
Distance: 25Nm – 46km approx.
This is a 1 hour cruise depending on cruising preference, weather condition and cruising speed.
Guest number: up to 9-11 guests maximum
When to go ?
High season: Jully, August, mid September.
Which yacht ?
We suggest to go for an Open motor-yacht (Magnum, Mangusta, Leopard or Sunseeker). These yachts are perfect for entertaining your guests offering plenty relaxing area with huge sunbeds, state of-the-art sound system, trendy decor, good performance, and most important, Tip-Top service by experienced crew.
Price tag: from euro 1,950 to euro 15,000
Yacht rental, yacht insurance, crew wages included.
- Book one week in advance: no more, no less
- Make sure you know the cancellation policy before booking a charter
- Tell us what you expect: the more, the better to build a bespoke vacation
- Also consider June and September
- Be flexible with the date and itinerary